Most frequent questions
- What is Neurohealth Network?
A network of experts specializing in the field of neuroscience and who practice in idcsalud health centers, sharing protocols, clinical sessions, and care guides.
- How can I be included?
By calling 902 90 54 90 and requesting an appointment with the specialist of your choice. Also, interested patients may use the website www.redneurosalud.es/en to learn about the physicians who form part of the network, their specialties, and the health centers where patients can receive treatment.
- How can I make an appointment?
Call 902 90 54 90 and we will answer your questions, provide you with advice, and schedule you for the first appointment available in the health center you prefer.
- Can I request a particular doctor?
If you call us at 902 90 54 90, we will inform you of the health centers where your physician of choice works as well as his or her availability.
- I have private insurance. Can I be seen by Neurohealth Network?
All of the insurance providers who work with our health centers participate in Neurohealth Network. We work with most of the active health-insurance plans available in Spain to offer the highest in quality standards and provide access to a highly prestigious team of doctors and the most advanced medical equipment on the market. The extent of coverage depends on the conditions of each policy. To receive care, patients must have the requisite authorization documents determined by their insurer.
- Can I ask an expert for a second opinion?
By seeking treatment from Neurohealth Network, you gain access to a large team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and specialists in neuroscience. These nationally and internationally renowned professionals are ready to provide you with expert advice whenever you need it.
- I have already been diagnosed with a neurological disease. What separates Neurohealth Network from the rest?
We at Neurohealth Network feature different specialist units spanning the main fields of neuroscience (e.g., neurosurgery, clinical neurophysiology, epileptology). This way, patients with a prior diagnosis can receive their care from highly specialized physicians in each pathology.
- If I am already undergoing treatment with another specialist, can I request to receive my care from a physician who belongs to Neurohealth Network?
Most certainly. By seeking treatment from Neurohealth Network, you gain access to a broad team of experts in neuroscience who will provide you with expert advice whenever you need it.
- Can I choose the neurology center where I will receive my treatment?
Neurohealth Network professionals belonging to idcsalud work as a network, sharing protocols, clinical sessions, and care guides. By calling 902 90 54 90, you can request an appointment at one of the health centers where the network is operational.
- How can I get a multidisciplinary assessment of my condition? Can I be seen by several Neurohealth Network specialists at the same time?
Neurohealth Network professionals work in collaboration, sharing protocols, clinical sessions, and care guides. If your doctor believes your case should be approached from another, more specialized point of view, he or she will consult with other physicians or will schedule you an appointment with the expert or experts who are most suited for your illness.
- Does it cost extra to be seen by the Neurohealth Network?
No. All of the insurance providers who work with idcsalud participate in Neurohealth Network. Insurance coverage and copays depend on the conditions of your policy. However, accessing our network will not incur an extra charge.
- What are the differences/advantages of being treated by the network compared to the traditional health-care system?
The big advantage of using Neurohealth Network is that we give you access to the finest experts in neuroscience. These physicians work in a collaborative and coordinated fashion, sharing protocols, clinical sessions, and care guidelines. If your doctor believes your case should be approached from another point of view, he or she will schedule you an appointment with the expert or experts who are most suited for your illness. This way, you will gain multidisciplinary insight on your case, get a more precise diagnosis, reduce the wait times throughout the care plan, and be personally guided through the entire process.
- Aside from consultations, will I be able to have diagnostic tests performed in the health center of my choice?
In most cases, yes. And if your neurological center does not offer the technological means necessary for a given test, we will schedule you to undergo the test in the center that is most convenient for you.